Saturday, July 11, 2020

Beach Memories


South Padre Island – Beach Memories

My memories of the beach go back as far as I can remember. South Padre was always within reach. I also remember the drive down the “back highway” and it seeming like we would never get there and then the sunburned sandy trip back home. I wish I had pics of those days but I don’t. The oldest picture I could find was just one from a trip there when the Reebs visited from Ohio in 1968. We were quite upscale and rented one of the Cabanas (with a shower!) for the day. We packed a picnic and spent the day there. Here’s Jeffy and I eating our lunch. Bring back babushkas!!!


How about a few YaYa pics? We have so many memories of trips we took together there. Remember how we would plan for months? And we’d drag so much stuff we could hardly get it up the steps at the beach house?
Family Tides 


The first YaYa Sisterhood ceremony. 

Remember judging the vollyball tournament. Boys against girls. They thought we were old so we’d be fair. We would call the most blatant things for the girls!!!

And here are a few pics of our non cyber Round Robin letters - prelude to The YaYa Letters! This was the year we were celebrating our grandkids!




I'll add more to this later...still finding pictures!
Posted by Countess Cockle Doodle Doo.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I had started a post earlier...like weeks ago, but couldn’t get my laptop to get photos from my phone or IPad. So here’s the photo...now l...